The first thing that I got was a buttonholer for my Singer 401. It is super-cool, and even makes keyhole buttonholes. Not to mention, it came in a cool retro case.

My other scores were some awesome knits from Fashion Fabrics Club. They were having a $4.00 a yard sale and I snagged a few for fall dresses.



At least one will become McCall 5468 and I will probably make at least one of the "old standby" Vogue 8379.
I also got 6 yards of black jersey, because, well, you never know. I don't actually have a project in mind, but you never know. You always need black jersey. And I got two yards of swirly purple charmeuse.

The charmeuse will probably become Butterick 5284, if I manage to catch it on sale! Otherwise, I might grab the Hot Patterns Metropolitan Criterion Blouse.
I also need to figure out something to do with this hot mess I found in my stash:

There is only a yard and a half, so I I'm pretty limited. I'm seriously thinking about making a little batwing shirt for my niece, who loves all things sparkly and tacky. That kid...all her taste is in her mouth!
I also bought my first REAL vintage pattern. I saw this one online at Out of the Ashes and just could NOT pass it up! I have no idea when I'm going to make it, or where I would wear it, but dammit, I'm going to sew it up!
7 comments:
YOU are a rockstar. Seriously. I love that retro case for the buttonholer you found. It looks brand new!
Oh hell, I should have written something like "1st!!!11!!!" But I didn't. Har.
All her taste is in her mouth. You KILL me! Good job you! You've been a busy little shopper!
OOH! So exciting! I LOVE all those fabrics! With the exception of the 'one'. ;D Have fun and keep us posted on your creations!!
I can't believe you got a buttonholer! What a fantastic find.
Butterick patterns were .99 at Hancock's today. Not sure how much longer the sale goes on.
Great fabrics...but you know it only takes one vintage pattern acquisition to start a whole nuther pattern problem! I know this to be true!!!
Good finds! I've had to limit my knit purchases lately, seems like there are so many great ones out there! Enjoy your first vintage find!
Post a Comment