So, I have agreed to sew a wool coat for J. He DESPERATELY needs a new dress coat. The lining has completely fallen out of his, and for some reason I have decided that I can MAKE coat that is much nicer than anything you could BUY.
Here is the project plan:

The coat will be made from black wool coating and lined with a black, red and gold silk twill. I just completed the first fitting muslin, which turned out surprisingly well:



The next step will be to cut out the wool and the underlining and start padstitching everything together before assembling the shell. It is going to take FOR-FREAKING-EVER!
Good thing it's only July! It may take me until December to get this thing together.
7 comments:
I love the way it fits, it's going to be so gorgeous when it's done. Yikes that's a lot of work, but if anyone can do it, you can!
I say just make him wear the pattern.
I agree. The patter look is hot and it's all the rage right now.
well, you know i've loved it since we first saw the pattern. and of course you will make it better than anything you can buy. you're a brilliant seamstress, incredibly talented, a perfectionist and, quite possibly, above average intelligence. JUST KIDDING DOC!
but i am SO not going to send you the cushion pattern with all you've got on your plate!!!! or would that be pleat?
you've still somehow forgotten to show me my ring bearer outfit. . . .
Thats a pretty shexy dress dummy you have there, Missy. heh heh That coat is going to be fab. Take your time, deep breaths, you are very talented and this will be your masterpiece.
You.are.amazing. But the pattern/muslin look is definitely nice too.....
...and he'd better wear that coat for the rest of his life! It'll look fabulous!
Post a Comment