So today I picked up 15 new patterns at Hancock's for just $29.00 in hopes of doing a little "Stash Reduction." I only allowed myself 1 1/2 yards of fabric, and some interfacing (because I am always out of interfacing). The fabric I got because I needed a shirt with turquoise in it to match a particular jacket and shoes. It's cool, I paid a lot of the jacket (Ann Taylor) and shoes (Cole Haan) so I think I can justify $11.00 worth of fabric for a shirt, even though I should be on a fabric moratorium. Even though Fashion Fabrics Club posted some new knits yesterday. And lawd knows I love FFC. I know people bitch about their shipping and their customer service, but I adore them all the same. Plus, I just drive over and pick up my order, so that takes care of the shipping issues right there.
Here are some of my new "treasures":

I got this Anne Klein pattern because of the great detail on the back of the skirt. I'm not a huge fan of the boxy jacket. I'm pretty boxy all by myself, so I don't think that I'll be using the jacket pattern.

The shirt in the DKNY pattern looks more like underwear than something I'd actually leave the house in. But the pants are a great find. Straight leg with a side zipper. A side zipper!! Side zippers are the most flattering for someone with a bit of a round tummy, and the contour waist is great for someone with a bit of shape. The jacket has some nice detail (and yeah, I'll be ditching that idiot collar and the trim that looks like they pulled it off my grandmother's sofa), including french seams and a two-piece sleeve.

Another stupid, boxy jacket but this one has added pleats to the back. Now, with added back fabric, to emphasize your weight!! But the skirt and pants are both contoured at the waist and both have back zippers, so again, great options to hide a bit of a tummy bulge.

A series of great skirts with a variety of lower back flounce options. Although I can guarantee that I won't be making option C with that retarded ruffle on it.
I also picked up a few Simplicity patterns. Normally I am not a fan of Simplicity, I find them to be a bit frumpy, but they have re-released some of their retro patterns and they are kind of cute.

I really love the shirt in this pattern. I probably won't use much else. Possibly the skirt, but as cute as the jacket is, I just can't see myself wearing it on a daily basis...it is too retro...it would be like a costume.

They don't show it on the line drawing on the pattern envelope, but it is on the line drawing on the instruction sheet and you can just barely see it on the taupe pants on the model, but there is a scallop detail on the waistband of these pants that is to die for.

I know, I know, they're mom pants. But I love the shirt. And plus, I'll bet my granny would love some pants she could pull up to her armpits. Maybe I'll make a pair for her.
No comments:
Post a Comment