Sunday, September 14, 2008

Updates and a New Toy

Here are some photos of my most recent iteration of Vogue 8379. I think that I am now officially "done" with this pattern for a while, having sewn six different versions since the beginning of the year.


This one I made with a poly knit from Gorgeous Fabrics, same place I got the pink giraffe print. I need to stay off that website for a while, especially since I still have a length of gray and a length of aqua knit from Hancocks, as well as 3 knits from Fabric.com to work on. Not to mention the stash that I have set aside for projects that probably should have been completed over the winter.

I also got a new "toy," a Singer 401a, for just $75.00 on Craigslist. It is in a giant desk and it sews like a dream. Initially I was worried that it might have to go in for repairs since the stitch selector was stuck, but after opening up the top, putting some oil in the appropriate places and just working with gears, I was able to get the selector unstuck and now it is moving just fine. It sews like a dream, in fact, I sewed the entirety of the dress above on it.



Some upcoming projects that I have are:

1. Jeremy's coat. Now that it is cooling down, I feel up to working with wool.

2. I have a tweed dress that has been cut for 6 months and I just haven't done anything with it.

3. I also have a black wool suiting for pants and awesome pink and black houndstooth for a jacket for this OOP Michael Kors suit.

4. I have a grey herringbone for these Alice and Olivia pants and separate blazer for another suit, not to mention the black denim purchased for a wearable muslin of the pants.

5. I have an embroidered red stretch twill for this BWOF dress.

And those are just the ones have material purchased already! Not to mention the dozens of patterns that I have just waiting for me to get around to!!

I am really looking forward to getting to some serious sewing on the 401!

2 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

First - I love the new dress!

Second - congrats on the new sewing machine!

Third - ummmm, your list is considerably shorter than mine! *LOL*

Anonymous said...

Cute dress! Also, I've been meaning to tell you, please go get another mirror because you are NOT large[you've stated this in a few of your post]...AND if you were... You look great in the garmets you've shared with us all. Can't wait to see the completed items on your list.