A few weeks ago, I let her buy some flannel while it was on sale at Hancock's. She opted for an incredibly bright pink and green with butterflies printed on it. I also taught her how to start making some alterations to her patterns, and the pajama pants gave us a very simple palette to start with. Like me, Sadie has a round bottom, which means that she is constantly hiking up the back of her pants. So, I showed her how to add a wedge to the back of a pants pattern to cover her bottom. Now, she wants to make MORE PANTS.
Her she is in her new jammies:

The pants were made using Simplicity 3571, and her measurements are such that even though she is petite she is between a size 14 and 16 in sizes.

I also let her make a t-shirt to go with the pants using a remnant that had been floating around in the stash for about two years. She added two pockets of the pants fabric as well:

The shirt was made from a pattern that she has used before, New Look 6735, although we do have to raise the neckline by 1 1/2 inches and shorten the neckband as well. I also let her use the serger to assemble the shirt, which she was very excited about.

My dog is also very excited about the niece and nephew's visits, because it gives him an opportunity to be completely pathetic:
15 comments:
Cute! She did a wonderful job. The pockets are a very nice touch.
Cute niece and jammies!
She looks great in her new jammies. And what a wonderful stay she had with her aunt. I can imagine she will remember these visits for the rest of her life.. and treasure that memory.
Very cute jammies. And look how Sadie's grown! Good job, both of you. And Spaz, who is NOT pathetic.
What a cutie, I see a budding fashionista, love her fabric! Great design choices.
Cute jammies! How good of you to teach her to sew.
Sadie's becoming quite the sewist!....and making quite a fashion statement in her green and pink pjs. She did a wonderful job (with her wonderful teacher to guide). great job! And, I'm glad the pets got their share of attention.
Those are cute! She did a great job! I love the pockets and wide legged jammie pants. I mostly love the proud look on Sadie's face! :) Good job, auntie!
Fabulous job Sadie! It's nice that you're doing this with her - creating memories that she'll undoubtedly cherish and building a lifetime skill.
Must be the week too for sewing for neices.
What a cutie! She did a really great job on that pj set. :)
Michelle,
I'm so glad to see Sadie back sewing. She looks so happy. I'm also glad that you are sharing your gift and love of sewing with her. You must have a ton of patience. I get so frustrated trying to figure things out sometimes.
Sadie looks great in her jammies. I really like the last picture. I used to have a black dog like that who I still miss very much.
You niece looks adorable in her jammies. They turned really nice. I actually just purchased that pattern this past weekend.
What a lucky young lady to have an aunt like you to teach her such a useful lifelong skill. She is very talented. She must take after her Auntie.
She looks so proud and lovely in her pjs. I made a few vests from New Look 6735, just leaving off sleeves. Will stay tune for her next FO.
Post a Comment