Saturday, July 11, 2009

Yeah, Baby!

I am SO close! I have nearly reached my goal of well-fitting pants.

If you remember, my last pair looked like this:


I had gotten rid of the gigantic bunch of fabric sagging beneath each butt cheek, but that revealed the wrinkles pointing up to each hip. To repair this, I extended the rear crotch curve, and scooped the back curve slightly more, turning the curve into a definite L-shape.

Here you can see the progression of the pattern. The green line is the most recent redraft, the red line is the original draft:


By turning the crotch curve into an L, and extending the curve to the inseam, I have managed to eliminate most of the wrinkles:


You can see I could probably a little bit more on that extension to spin those legs a little bit more. The front is still good:


I don't know what that crease is on the upper left hip, it probably has something to do with the fact that one second before the camera flashed, I was busy shoving a cat out of the picture with my foot.

I think one more muslin to refine this pattern, and I will be ready to cut into some really cute white pique that I picked up on sale at Hancock's. I also want to draft a lining since you know, white pants and all!

In the meantime, I have been slowed down slightly because I had to take a bit to play with my new toy:

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your fitting success, and enjoy the new toy! I love mine, and don't worry, rethreading isn't scary! I can email you how I do mine in under 3 minutes!

gwensews said...

Good job on pant fitting. Hug your new toy!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the pants--they are sooo...hard! I made a pair in the spring--which now are shorts! Still working on the perfect fit. Hope you like your new toy. I have a new serger and still working on the threading. Not coming natural for me!

Andrea said...

Congrats on the pants. They look great. I swear, getting the perfect fit is the hardest thing. I love your new toy. Did you name her yet? I got mine last month. I agree with Kristine, rethreading isn't scary, once you get the hang of it.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Michelle after looking at your pants I agree they are getting better. Keep at it, you will perservere.

Tanya said...

I so admire your perseverance, it will be worth it when you have a great TNT pants pattern but then you can never gain or loose a pound lol.

Sheila said...

You are really doing great on the pant fitting and totally admire your determination.

Oooo a new toy, caution, don't do what I did, when I received my serger, I idiotically remove all the the threading.....uggh. But since then I have finally mastered threading it.

KlevaBich said...

HAH! I knew you'd get yourself a serger one day soon. Good for you. You'll get a lot of good use out of it.

Good job on the pants fitting as well. You're very patient and tenacious to keep after it like that.

SkitzoLeezra said...

I have the same serger and love it. LOVE the rolled edge hem!

Linda T said...

Yippee! A serger! I couln't live without mine. Your pants are looking fantastic!