
This year, they had the idea that we should all send each other valentines...and that all the valentines should be handmade.
Now, contrary to what my obsession with sewing might indicate, I am NOT a crafty person. I can't draw. Glitter is just an invitation for me to make a gigantic mess. I don't do needlework, because I have no patience. Knitting...let's not even start. I made a scarf once. Even my mother...who thinks that everything I do is fantastic...won't wear it.
So, I needed to find a way to make SEWN valentines. I looked around online and found this tea wallet tutorial. I decided that I would use heart-motif fabric, and fill it with whatever kind of tea came in pink packages!
Here are the finished products:

Each one has the heart fabric on the outside:

And solid pink on the inside:

I used a pink ribbon and pearly plastic button for the closure:

Each one got loaded up with 4 flavors of tea, including English breakfast, white tea, raspberry, and cinnamon:

Here it is, loaded up and ready to go:

I figured that if they were tea drinkers, the could make sure that they always had their favorite flavors with them. Or, they can use it for their metro card or as a tiny wallet for those events that require a tiny, sparkly purse.
In other news, I finished the shell for my jacket:

Now the lining is done, the shell is done, and I need to finish the collar and insert the lining. The sleeves are going to have a HUGE hem in them. They are super-long, as well as wide. Plenty of room for my chubby little arms in this jacket! Right now, the shell is feeling really "sweatery," but I hope that once the collar goes on that it will give it a more formal look.
I hope to get some more work done on it this weekend!
9 comments:
What a fun idea for Valentines!! I'm with you on the non-craftyness - sewing is my craft and I try not to stray far from it!
Love the Valentines, they are so cute! Your friends will love them, too! Jacket's coming along great, keep up the good work!!!
If I recieved that tea wallet - I would be very happy!
Those are nice Valentines. Great idea.
What a clever idea for Valentines for your friends. I hope you will post pictures of all the ones that are sent to you, as well. Your sewing is coming along very nicely!
How lovely that you give your best girlfriends presents for Valentines Day, they will love! Down Under Valentines Day is more of a 'just for romantic lovers' thing which I think is a pity, I remember as a kid in Canada giving all my little pals Valentine card and getting them, lots of fun and such pretty cards. It's a little late for me to get started making anything crafty for all my gals but I shall have to remember to do it next year!
Wonderful solution for Valentine's Day. Great work!
I love the tea bag wallets!! Thanks for the link to the tutorial...I may make one or two or three... ;)
Your jacket looks great!
What a wonderful idea - they are just adorable!
Post a Comment