The shirt came together pretty quickly, and looked nice enough that while my mother was here today, she offered to take it off my hands!
The pattern is McCalls 5138, a button-down shirt with a convertible collar and three sleeve options. I used the longer length and the short, puffed sleeves:

Supervisor Cat, reporting for duty. What would you like for me to impede today?
The sleeves are really cute, gathered into a band:

All the shaping for the shirt is done with darts. The back has two vertical darts, and the front has two vertical and two bust darts:

I didn't get much else done because I spent a big chunk of the day hemming pants. Mom dropped off 4 pairs that needed hemmed, 2 pairs that needed cut off for shorts, and one pair of shorts that needed patched. I got all that done and don't really want to go back in the sewing room right now!
Tomorrow though, back to work. I want to get started on my Vogue shirt dress. This one is probably going to take a while!
6 comments:
It a shame that your blouse didn't fit properly. It's really cute. I also like your Burda dress from your last post. Shirt dresses are so in right now. I have yet to try one though. I can't wait to see your latest Vogue project.
That Vogue shirtdress pattern is fantastic. Shame about the blouse, it is very well made.
Doesn't it feel good to get those UFO's done! The shirt is very cute. I can't wait to see the shirt dress. I keep wanting to make one for myself but haven't yet.
Getting the UFOs done has to be freeing ! Good for you!
That's Vogue for you - need a Phd just to get the patten out of the envelope.
Great share
Post a Comment