One one hand, I really enjoyed the conference, but on the other hand, the preparation and the conference meant that I was a bad, bad blog-friend and haven't been reading or commenting on anything. I hope I will catch up this week.
But, there was a nice present waiting for me when I got home...a huge pile of vintage patterns that I had bid on and won on Ebay. 80 patterns...all from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I am going to have such fun with these!!!
Here are a few of the highlights....
A great shirtdress with monogram, the pattern even still has the monogram transfers in what is left of the envelope. I am SO going to have a monogrammed dress!! I think charcoal grey, with a red monogram and red belt.

Also this shirtdress...I really like it because it lacks a waist seam. With my shape, I am better off without a horizontal seam across my waist, and this dress serves that purpose just perfectly.

The lot of patterns that I bid on also had a lot of mail order patterns, and this one was in there. I just love the combination of the raised waist and shirt styling for the top.

And what about his housedress? Seriously, why has the housedress fallen out of fashion? I am bringing it back:

Love skirt and collar on this dress, but can't for the life of me understand the love of the kimono sleeve in these vintage patterns. Soooo many of them have them! And I hate them! I hate that wad of fabric that ends up in your armpit:

This is my current favorite. And can anyone tell me why the girl in the front is throwing the "rap hands?" I checked with my friend Katherine and she belives that Li'l Shorty is giving a "shout out" to all her "homies" on the "west side."

Cuffs, and darts, and pleats, oh my!!

I have to say that Advance is probably my favorite vintage pattern company. I love every Advance in my collection, and this one is no exception:

And finally, a chengosam...how cool is that??? This one is definitely getting made, and soon!

If you would like to see the rest of the lot, there is a photobucket album here, I think a lot of them will be made. There are some real gems in there...of course, some totally crazy ones, too. But inbetween the gems! All in all, a great little surprise to come home and see the box of patterns waiting by the front door. I got to spend the rest of the day happily ratting through them. Now, just to prioritize which I would like to make!
9 comments:
OMG! These are TDF! Okay, enough of the acronyms, LOL. Congrats on your Ebay win. I never seem to have any luck. I love your patterns. Can't wait to see how you make themup. Let me know if you'd do a pattern share.
Angela
Okay I saw that lot on eBay...didn't bid on it but looked at it hard! Glad they came home with you. It will be interesting to see what you make from this treasure!
Welcome Home! Happy Hoarding with your plethora of patterns (daylight savings is messing with my brain, sorry)! Feel free to send your Thursday night chat buddy a bone, ya know? And the gang sign? Her fingernails are drying, silly!
If that small selection is anything to go by then you have scored a fantastic bunch of patterns. I bet it is fun just looking through them all, never mind whether you get to use them or not!
Yummy! - you are going to have so much fun!
I love the patterns, particularly the one with the cuffs and darts. Please share the pattern number and name of the pattern company.
GREAT Haul!--the wonderful patterns. And I'm with you on those kimono sleeves--not for me either.
Oh, you have some real beauties there!
These are so great! I really enjoy seeing patterns that I have not come across or don't have in my own collection. I think we have similar taste in dresses...I am a big fan of the shirtwaist dress in all of it's forms, even through the 80s. I think it's going to make a comeback as the 80s are back "in" now. Hope you'll post scans of some of those to the Vintage Pattern Wiki if they aren't already there!
Post a Comment