Friday, June 26, 2009

All Finished!

Yes, I know that this is two blogs in one day, but it is finished!!

We have gone from this:


To this:


In just two days!! The floor turned out fantastic:


And it matches the table and chairs perfectly:


It also matches the box beams in the ceiling that inspired the entire project:


And, by removing the carpet and original floor myself, I saved about $2000.00 in labor costs. Way to go, me!

Maybe one of these days I'll even put up a post about finishing the table and chairs....but that's for another day....

4 comments:

Amy Johnston said...

Wow! Looks so great! I love the dark finish!

Leslie in Austin said...

Wow indeed! Gorgeous! Nothing more beautiful than super dark hardwood floors. Bravo!!

Sew Shy said...

Beautiful!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

The floors are absolutely beautiful!!! You did a great job!