Friday, June 26, 2009

Progress!!

So we are currently in day 2 of the installation of the floor, and i am LOVING how the almost-black floor looks in that room. Except now I want to repaint. And I want new curtains. And to reupholster the chairs....because come ON, wouldn't that floor look great with a merlot wall?


And yes, I can see why we hired professionals for this. They have nailguns!!


They appear to have a few spares, do you think they would miss one?


Oh, and....


Flush vents stained to match. Pretty cool, eh? As I explained to J (who balked when he saw the cost of the vents on the invoice), when you do the tear-out yourself, you can afford the nice details!!

Not to mention, the owner of the company is super-nice, and although he doesn't personally do floor refinishing, he does teach it, and walked me through the ENTIRE process of refinishing the rest of the floors in the house. He also said that saving the salvageable floor from the dining room was very smart, and that will make refinishing much, much easier.

Now I no longer need a nailgun. But I will definitely be needing a sander! A big one!

And I can HIGHLY recommend Motto's if you need flooring installed in St. Louis. They are professional, well-priced, knowledgeable, and incredibly friendly and helpful.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks really great! We need to have our wood floor (kitchen/dining) refinished... maybe later this summer!!

Sheila said...

The floors came out absolutely beautiful. The choice of the ebony color makes the floors scream elegance. You & your team did a fantastic job. Now I just need to get dh to look at your posts for a lil inspiration... lol. I have oak floors that has lost its polyurethane coating years ago and have been voicing that I want them refinished and stained ebony.