Here are some early attempts at pants:


And here is my most recent attempt with the heavily altered back curve:
OK, yes, there are still wrinkles there, but they are DIFFERENT!
Now, instead of a huge wad of fabric under each butt-cheek, I have wrinkles pointing to my hips. THIS I can deal with! This is addressed in PFRP. I think, and someone correct me if I am wrong, that what I need to do is slightly scoop the back crotch curve and add some tissue to the inseam.
I know that it doesn't LOOK very different, but if you look closely that the most recent one, you can see that the wrinkles actually extend up over my butt-cheek, whereas they were all hanging up UNDER the butt-cheek before. Also, I don't have as MUCH fabric pooling on the back of the thighs.
I think that the reason that I was having so much trouble fitting these pants is because I had a myriad of problems going on, beginning with a crotch curve that was completely wrong, and then exacerbated by what is now visible. Now that I can actually SEE what is wrong, rather than just adding, adding, adding to the inseam, I can fix what is wrong.
I also have the front nearly worked out. Here is a pair made from the original pattern:

And here is the most recent pair:

This was fixed by adding some fabric at the side seams and straightening the front curve, not adding tissue to the inseam.
I am ready for one more muslin, and hopefully you will see some REAL progress!
2 comments:
Good work! Fitting pants is the hardest - so well done you to be so patient!
I belive you are correct to add to the back inseam to eliminate wrinkles. Pant fitting is difficult, but once you get a good fitting pattern, you can have tons of pants quite easily. Good job.
Post a Comment