We really had a fantastic time, and since my friend Laurie also sews, I got a chance to visit Fabric Depot, Josephine's Dry Goods, and Bolt. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of fabric to show you, since Laurie is mailing it to me. I don't "do" checked bags, so my enormous box of fabric will be arriving later this week! All except for my two yards of Liberty from Josephine's that was safely stashed in my computer bag.
We stayed in a fantastic hotel called the Ace Hotel, which was smack in the middle of downtown and right around the corner from Josephine's. Their rooms were a great value, and we had a rather roomy double for a very good price:

We also spent a day at the coast in Gearhart, at the Gearhart Ocean Inn. It is a wonderful place where the rooms are like little cottages.

We rode bikes, we ate great food, I fell off my bike, you know...a typical vacation! Overall, we really had a fantastic time.
Now, however, I am back...I am waiting for my friend to ship my huge box of fabric, and I am ready to get sewing...just as soon as I get back from San Antonio. Yes, I have to leave on Wednesday for a trip for work. Bad timing on my part, yes, but once I get back it is smooth sailing through the end of the year!
1 comment:
I'm anxious to see all that fabric!
Post a Comment